Distributed IT Involvement
Line of Businessperson needed to help develop, build support and ensure successful implementation of the Architecture. This person needs to be well respected, technically savvy and knowledgeable about business issues and concerns. Preferably, this person has been involved with multiple organizations within the enterprise.
The successful candidate should have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- 5-10 years experience in project management.
- Diverse (PC’s, LAN, client/server, applications) technology background.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Proficient on Office 95.
- Comfortable working in a team environment.
- Self-motivation and self-directing.
- Conducting interviews of business and technology personnel
- Summarizing salient point of interviews, discussions, and communications (upcoming discussion groups related to defining the conceptual architecture and the applications and platform sub-components to establish principles, best practices, standards, and buy-lists)
- Identifying quick hit opportunities within Branch areas and taking a project leadership role in the development and marketing of these opportunities (those identified so far from the business interviews and those that may arise during other phases)
- Writing and reviewing architecture deliverables (
- Preparing and delivering presentations to management, and to general audiences
- Facilitating group discussions and process development sessions
- Interacting with management and above business personnel to communicate the architecture (for participation in the architecture efforts and draft product reviews and feedback)
- Developing Principles, Best Practices and Standards of Architecture components
- Presenting architecture principles and products to distributed IT and branch personnel (presenting as part of the Architecture Team)
- Researching technology trends and architecture sub-component and products (these would most likely be areas as required to develop the applications and platform sub-component definitions and buy-lists)
- Assisting in the development of product buy lists (be a catalyst to help ensure that distributed IT involvement and active participation is effective)
- Helping gain buy-in within the business units and distributed IT (be an advocate to distributed IT and for the architecture)
- Helping to acquire/validate data for the architecture baseline and do GAP Analysis (be an advocate to distributed IT and for the architecture migration planning)
- Assisting in developing a governance function that helps continue the ongoing architecture effort (this would involve continued on going phases, to help develop the architecture governance framework of principles, best practices, and standards and the associated processes for evolving the architecture)
- Developing a migration plan that meets the needs of business and distributed IT personnel (this would involve continued participation ongoing phases)